Watching staff members, Krista Moffett, Barb Reese, and Lindsay Klatzkin in the administrative office during the month of December is like watching a well choreographed ballet, as they prepare for one of the biggest drives during the holidays, Santa’s Sack. Watching them coordinate volunteer shifts, in-kind donations, and all of the logistics that are included in this momentous toy drive is impressive.
And then starting December 11th, the real magic happens…the community and donors like you step in.
Here are some facts and figures from just the 8 days of Santa’s Sack.
- $10,500 in checks and cash
- $2,500 in gift cards
- $2,500 from the Rees-Jones Foundation
- Over 500 33 gallon sized bags filled with toys!
- Nearly 300 volunteer hours with Santa’s Sack (set up, and shifts).
- This does not include the countless hours of volunteers helping with holiday meals, parties, and outreach at the shelter during the holiday.
Companies, churches, and organizations adopted nearly 300 families, as well.
We cannot thank you enough for your support and enthusiasm for this project. It means the world to the families that we serve during this difficult time.